Our Services: “Beyond the Bed”
InnVision Shelter Network’s service methodology, “Beyond the Bed” provides a comprehensive network of housing and services to enable homeless families and individuals to return to permanent housing and self-sufficiency.
Our “Beyond the Bed” service model delivers metrics-based results, with over 90% of transitional family graduates returning to permanent housing. These services are the key to breaking the cycle of poverty.
InnVision Shelter Network helps restore clients’ confidence, and instills self-discipline and personal responsibility, and thus discourages dependence on entitlement programs. Hard work and commitment are required from the homeless men, women, and children served. In return, InnVision Shelter Network provides safe, clean, and modern shelter, as well as nutritious food, counseling services, childcare and after-school activities, job and housing search assistance, and additional supportive services.
“Beyond the Bed” is just as it sounds: more than a bed. Our clients receive an array of life-changing supportive services beyond shelter, coordinated by dedicated and experienced Case Managers and direct services staff:
- Clients attend seminars and workshops for skill-building, including financial literacy, parenting, interviewing, and job preparation.
- Clients save a minimum of half their income and learn how to manage personal finances. The average family’s savings is nearly $2,000 by the time they exit our programs.
- Staff supports clients in their employment search and job development. Unemployed clients are required to build a resume within their first week, and apply to five jobs every day. InnVision Shelter Network offers scholarships for vocational training and education.
- Our on-site Therapeutic Child Development Centers provide therapeutic care for young children and allow parents to focus on securing work and housing.
- Clients contribute to a supportive community, completing daily chores, participating in discussion groups, and attending weekly house meetings. InnVision Shelter Network facilities/programs have a curfew and remain drug and alcohol intolerant.
Our staff integrates this “Beyond the Bed” methodology with each adult and child we serve. We treat them with dignity and respect in all interactions, and work to restore their self-confidence. We support adults in finding a new or better job, attending school, and saving for a future they can truly envision.
InnVision Shelter Network’s “Beyond the Bed” model works. It is efficient and effective, and empowers our clients to achieve ongoing self-sufficiency beyond permanent housing.